Part-time, self-employed research/admin assistant sought in Cambridge
What will the job involve?
You will be working with Edward Leigh whose areas of work include:
- Co-director of Visual Connections, a company that runs events and other marketing services for companies licensing photography, footage and illustration
- Consultant to a range of established and early-stage companies, and not-for-profit ventures.
- Leader of Smarter Cambridge Transport, a local community group advancing integrated and sustainable transport for the region.
- Chair of Cambridgeshire Police & Crime Panel, a committee that scrutinises the Police & Crime Commissioner.
Tasks may include:
- Checking and updating contact details in client databases, which may involve sending emails and making telephone calls.
- Keeping track of correspondence and chasing when necessary.
- Tracking down people, data and reports.
- Updating web pages (adding text and images to Wordpress or similar sites).
- Creating webmails (using MailChimp or similar).
- Posting on social media sites.
- Filing emails.
Is this the job for you?
- Do you have a friendly and professional manner?
- Do you have an ethical approach to all aspects of your professional life?
- Do you care about accuracy and details?
- Can you manage your time effectively?
- Do you know when to ask for help?
Are you confident in using the following applications?
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Basic web page editing (e.g. Wordpress, MailChimp)
Skills and experience in the following areas could be advantageous (though training will be given):
- Slack or other messaging platform
- Basic photo editing (e.g. with Adobe Photoshop or Elements)
- Social media (primarily Twitter, Facebook and Instagram)
- Using formatting styles
- HTML editing
Terms of work
Working hours will be flexible and will vary depending on what projects are on, but will typically be around 8–16 hours a week. You will generally be free to work from home or the office. The office is in central Cambridge (close to the railway station), where a desk and computer will always be available. You will need to have your own computer and Internet connection at home.
The initial rate of pay will be negotiable, and is expected to be in the region of £10/hour. This may be re-assessed after three months.
How to apply
Please e-mail your application letter and CV to email@example.com. Please indicate clearly in your application relevant skills, experience and interests.